THANK YOU TECHNO MAN ROB

Click 'The Oracle' title above to enter The Oracle Forum and discuss your quest for answers with kindred spirits. Courtesy costs nothing - if you disagree with someone, disagree politely. Abuse is not tolerated.
Redbeck
Location: The Rookery, 3rd Horse Chestnut along, St Johns, Britain. Teacher leave our nuts alone!

THANK YOU TECHNO MAN ROB

Post by Redbeck »

THANK YOU TECHNO MAN ROB for a seamlessly impressive Oracle Forum software upgrade to version 3.3.1, you have done a fine job.

Warmest Regards Redbeck

kafka

Re: THANK YOU TECHNO MAN ROB

Post by kafka »

I would be interested in why you put a picture of a river in the post
Redbeck
Location: The Rookery, 3rd Horse Chestnut along, St Johns, Britain. Teacher leave our nuts alone!

Post by Redbeck »

Dear Kafka, The red stream image is an avatar I frequently use with my pseudonym Redbeck. I employ different images for the same purpose although this is my favourite. Why because as a child I used to walk to school about 1.5 miles (2.4 kilometres) across the fields beside a similar looking waterway that fed the ponds in this case beside at that time a disused textile mill.

The nom de plume Redbeck was borrowed from the name of a famous 24 hour, what we refer to in English-English as a transport café (US truckers stop) on the outskirts of what has been affectionately referred to as the Merrie City since the Middle Ages. This all night dining establishment was named after the red pigmented stream that runs close to the premises and in my youth was a popular stop off point for bands on the road and local revellers when all other options were closed for the night.

Beck: The etymology of the name begins with what is known as Middle English (ME a form of the English language spoken after the Norman conquest [1066] until the late 15th century) however in this case world originally derived into ME from the Old Norse bekkr, of Germanic origin; related to Dutch beek and German Bach. Used as the common term for a brook in areas of northern England, beck often refers, in literature, to a brook with a stony bed or following a rugged course, typical of such areas.

Red: When the natural colour of flowing water is a shade of red ochre, then the basic source constituent of that colouring is iron. The ferrous iron in solution makes contact with the air and begins to oxidise staining the water red. This hydrolysis process resulting in staining can be vigorous and the ferric iron oxide often accumulates to form a fine mud that coats anything in its path.
kafka

Post by kafka »

excuse me but if you walk 92.4 kilometers to school you need three days :shock: . and that can't be
Redbeck

Post by Redbeck »

Story of my life Kafka...... forgot to put a shift in! Hence my opening bracket came out as a 9 and I overlooked the closing bracket altogether and that is when the shelf fell down. No brackets, then I amaze you with daily performance walk of 92.4 kilometres between age seven and ten, become superhero sensation overnight like Meili.

In Norse mythology, Meili (meaning mile-stepper) is considered to be the god of travel. Son of Odin and brother of Thor (yes...that Thor with the big hammer), Meili was also referred to as 'the lovely one', a naming description I tend to step away from when drawing comparisons, but not much else is known about him or his habits.

Thank you for shining the headlight, I was as a rabbit transfixed Regards Redbeck