Greetings,
I have been lurking on this website on-and-off for the past few months. Initially, I struggled to find any cohesive meaning within the knowledge contained here. However, as I began reading books by authors from the Traditionalist school regarding symbols, myths, and the major traditions of the world, I began forming connections. I now believe that I possess, at least, a surface-level understanding of certain core aspects of the knowledge that is being broadcast here.
However, despite understanding It, I do not feel It. In other words, I have grasped the Theory, but not the Practice. My question is therefore: what steps can I take to experience what I have learned?
The above is my main question, and what I will say now is of lesser importance, but I feel compelled to share it nonetheless. Perhaps it will bring about some good.
I suffer from an addiction. The object of this addiction is not relevant. In any case, the habit has been honed from a young age, and its grip on me is now so powerful that it is suffocating the life within me, and in turn hurting those closest to me. For the past 2 years or so, I have employed every popular tactic, as well as many out-of-the-box and perhaps even extreme tactics of cutting myself loose from the addiction. Countless times I've tried; countless times I've failed. There remain only a handful of options that I have not attempted yet, but they are all inaccessible to me for one reason or another. That is, all except one; I will describe this approach as, "gaining a deeper, spiritual awareness." Having tried nearly everything, it is the last thing that I currently have faith in as a means of fighting my affliction. My rationale is: I cannot adequately control my body (in order to resist my addiction), so I must therefore strengthen my spirit in order to regain control. That is why I had asked about the practice and the experience of the knowledge contained on this website. I believe that it can be of major help in freeing me from my shackles (in multiple meanings of this expression).
I seek guidance, and I will appreciate any responses.
Regards.
Having grasped the Theory, how does one move towards Practice?
Re: Having grasped the Theory, how does one move towards Practice?
Hmm. . . Quite an interesting post here!
My story in pertains to this site is very much like yours. When I first saw this extraordinary website, I thought to myself that I have yet another cryptic cipher to solve (as I have solved a quite a bit in the past). But even though I have only been on this forum for a few weeks, I have been studying this website for over 8 months now, and I have grasped one meaning to this all: to regain spirituality.
The reason why I think it is that is because of all the books, and reports, and even posts by users made me think this way.
There is a post by the forums moderator redbeck and he explains that most of humanity has lost their spirituality. Thus making my theory that this website is to regain that spirituality using numbers and letters, but using it in a very diverse way that most of us have a hard time understanding.
It is also interesting to see that you are interested in gaining that back again because I believe you said that you have an addiction? I have similar connections to that. I suffer from depression, but ever since I read this site it has changed me in a way I cannot explain. I feel as if I have opened up a new state of mind and consciousness.
Unfortuanlty, I cannot give any guidance for I myself am still quite an amateur at this website. Redbeck gives lots of good advice, so I would try to PM him, or just simply wait for his response.
It's great to hear about another wise mind like yours!
-sh3rl0ck
My story in pertains to this site is very much like yours. When I first saw this extraordinary website, I thought to myself that I have yet another cryptic cipher to solve (as I have solved a quite a bit in the past). But even though I have only been on this forum for a few weeks, I have been studying this website for over 8 months now, and I have grasped one meaning to this all: to regain spirituality.
The reason why I think it is that is because of all the books, and reports, and even posts by users made me think this way.
There is a post by the forums moderator redbeck and he explains that most of humanity has lost their spirituality. Thus making my theory that this website is to regain that spirituality using numbers and letters, but using it in a very diverse way that most of us have a hard time understanding.
It is also interesting to see that you are interested in gaining that back again because I believe you said that you have an addiction? I have similar connections to that. I suffer from depression, but ever since I read this site it has changed me in a way I cannot explain. I feel as if I have opened up a new state of mind and consciousness.
Unfortuanlty, I cannot give any guidance for I myself am still quite an amateur at this website. Redbeck gives lots of good advice, so I would try to PM him, or just simply wait for his response.
It's great to hear about another wise mind like yours!
-sh3rl0ck
Then he said, "I lostmyhead" can you see it?
Re: Having grasped the Theory, how does one move towards Practice?
Thank you for your response, and for your kind words.
I do not want to guess at the feelings of the average person on this matter, but I now think that at least for those who are especially inquisitive into matters such as the nature of reality, the meaning of life, etc., some form of a spiritual connection may be necessary in order to retain a healthy mind. Indeed, I found this true for me. As a result, I no longer consider myself an atheist - which in my case led to nihilism - but something of a non-religious, Classical Theist. Although, I suspect that my beliefs - and my labels of preference - will evolve as I learn more. I actually look forward to this.
As it happens, I have been rediscovering my spirituality over the past several months. While for me, the initial impetus was formed by reading books about matters pertaining to metaphysics, this website continues to play a notable role in my quest for achieving a reawakening. At first, my driving force was pure curiosity about spirituality, but now it is curiosity coupled with a thirst for more discovery. For, the beginner's discoveries that I have made thus far - which, really only consist of the simple acknowledgement of a higher, metaphysical form of Being - have "cured" me of a great deal of existential angst that I have endured as an atheist.Sh3rl0ck wrote: 06 Feb 2019 23:24 My story in pertains to this site is very much like yours. When I first saw this extraordinary website, I thought to myself that I have yet another cryptic cipher to solve (as I have solved a quite a bit in the past). But even though I have only been on this forum for a few weeks, I have been studying this website for over 8 months now, and I have grasped one meaning to this all: to regain spirituality.
The reason why I think it is that is because of all the books, and reports, and even posts by users made me think this way.
There is a post by the forums moderator redbeck and he explains that most of humanity has lost their spirituality. Thus making my theory that this website is to regain that spirituality using numbers and letters, but using it in a very diverse way that most of us have a hard time understanding.
It is also interesting to see that you are interested in gaining that back again because I believe you said that you have an addiction? I have similar connections to that. I suffer from depression, but ever since I read this site it has changed me in a way I cannot explain. I feel as if I have opened up a new state of mind and consciousness.
I do not want to guess at the feelings of the average person on this matter, but I now think that at least for those who are especially inquisitive into matters such as the nature of reality, the meaning of life, etc., some form of a spiritual connection may be necessary in order to retain a healthy mind. Indeed, I found this true for me. As a result, I no longer consider myself an atheist - which in my case led to nihilism - but something of a non-religious, Classical Theist. Although, I suspect that my beliefs - and my labels of preference - will evolve as I learn more. I actually look forward to this.
Yes, I've noticed that Redbeck is very informative. I hope that he will bless me with his response.Sh3rl0ck wrote: 06 Feb 2019 23:24 Unfortuanlty, I cannot give any guidance for I myself am still quite an amateur at this website. Redbeck gives lots of good advice, so I would try to PM him, or just simply wait for his response.
Re: Having grasped the Theory, how does one move towards Practice?
To experience what you have learned there is only one thing to do, to live!
Instead, the addiction will go away at the right time, if you insist on wanting to eradicate it.
Every affliction must work within us until it totally burns what binds us to it.
Instead, the addiction will go away at the right time, if you insist on wanting to eradicate it.
Every affliction must work within us until it totally burns what binds us to it.
Re: Having grasped the Theory, how does one move towards Practice?
Thank you for your reply.Red_Rose wrote: 07 Feb 2019 12:06 To experience what you have learned there is only one thing to do, to live!
Unfortunately, it seems to me that I am living my life with my eyes closed in a certain sense. In fact, my most recent meditating session, during which I experienced a strange sensation unlike anything before, re-affirmed this suspicion. The experience that I had was of a mild force, but of a nonetheless transcendent quality. It helped me realize that it is often my physical body, rather than my spiritual Being, that is actively living. My Higher Being then lies dormant. I like to believe that I am inching closer towards re-awakening it, but I still believe that I am in need of guidance.
In that case, I wonder whether there is a deeper significance - beyond the physical one - for my addiction.Red_Rose wrote: 07 Feb 2019 12:06 Every affliction must work within us until it totally burns what binds us to it.
Re: Having grasped the Theory, how does one move towards Practice?
You don't need any guidance, you need to believe in yourself!
To love yourself.
The function of our addictions is to make us suffer until we make the decision to say STOP IT!
Stop suffering is a choice!
To love yourself.
The function of our addictions is to make us suffer until we make the decision to say STOP IT!
Stop suffering is a choice!
Re: Having grasped the Theory, how does one move towards Practice?
I will admit that I do not find this easy. However, I nonetheless appreciate your advice, and will try it.Red_Rose wrote: 08 Feb 2019 21:06 You don't need any guidance, you need to believe in yourself!
To love yourself.
The function of our addictions is to make us suffer until we make the decision to say STOP IT!
Stop suffering is a choice!
Re: Having grasped the Theory, how does one move towards Practice?
This is all very correct!Svalbard wrote: 07 Feb 2019 00:38 Thank you for your response, and for your kind words.
As it happens, I have been rediscovering my spirituality over the past several months. While for me, the initial impetus was formed by reading books about matters pertaining to metaphysics, this website continues to play a notable role in my quest for achieving a reawakening. At first, my driving force was pure curiosity about spirituality, but now it is curiosity coupled with a thirst for more discovery. For, the beginner's discoveries that I have made thus far - which, really only consist of the simple acknowledgement of a higher, metaphysical form of Being - have "cured" me of a great deal of existential angst that I have endured as an atheist.Sh3rl0ck wrote: 06 Feb 2019 23:24 My story in pertains to this site is very much like yours. When I first saw this extraordinary website, I thought to myself that I have yet another cryptic cipher to solve (as I have solved a quite a bit in the past). But even though I have only been on this forum for a few weeks, I have been studying this website for over 8 months now, and I have grasped one meaning to this all: to regain spirituality.
The reason why I think it is that is because of all the books, and reports, and even posts by users made me think this way.
There is a post by the forums moderator redbeck and he explains that most of humanity has lost their spirituality. Thus making my theory that this website is to regain that spirituality using numbers and letters, but using it in a very diverse way that most of us have a hard time understanding.
It is also interesting to see that you are interested in gaining that back again because I believe you said that you have an addiction? I have similar connections to that. I suffer from depression, but ever since I read this site it has changed me in a way I cannot explain. I feel as if I have opened up a new state of mind and consciousness.
I do not want to guess at the feelings of the average person on this matter, but I now think that at least for those who are especially inquisitive into matters such as the nature of reality, the meaning of life, etc., some form of a spiritual connection may be necessary in order to retain a healthy mind. Indeed, I found this true for me. As a result, I no longer consider myself an atheist - which in my case led to nihilism - but something of a non-religious, Classical Theist. Although, I suspect that my beliefs - and my labels of preference - will evolve as I learn more. I actually look forward to this.
Yes, I've noticed that Redbeck is very informative. I hope that he will bless me with his response.Sh3rl0ck wrote: 06 Feb 2019 23:24 Unfortuanlty, I cannot give any guidance for I myself am still quite an amateur at this website. Redbeck gives lots of good advice, so I would try to PM him, or just simply wait for his response.
However, physics tells us all the laws of nature to a certain extent. But what if we could go beyond that? Beyond the laws of nature? Just the thought of that proves something, am I right?
I think humanity sometimes has the wrong meaning of spirituality. Now I know I may sound horrible for saying this, but maybe religion is wrong? What if god doesn't want us to keep worshipping things, but instead focus on love. Not the kind of love that gives people the sexual drive. But the love that burns inside of all of us, that keeps us all together as 1.
DIVINE LOVE LOVE DIVINE
Think quantum.
Then he said, "I lostmyhead" can you see it?
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests