Page 1 of 1

The Parting Glass

Posted: 06 Sep 2019 02:54
by Nazheek
A new flower matures, ready to bloom.

As all things go, so must I, and on my eighteenth year, one so important in western culture.

I owe a lot of eht namuh and to the delightful musings of old man Denison, but as humans are nomadic as ever I find that I must venture on into the horizon, in search of new discoveries to be made. The journey must not end!

I recount, the moment when I found the forum, very much by accident, and the fascination at the meeting of minds. As eventually I've exhausted all that my poor full brain can consume, I must graze elsewhere for other nutrients, just as the cattle does not like to chew the same patch twice.

I would like to give some solemn thank-yous.

Firstly and foremostly, to Dave Denison. Your art is inspiring, and your magnum opus is a matter of beauty rivaled by little. I have learned so much from you without hearing as little of a peep, and seeing nothing more than still images and self portraits; such is the immense power of our age of technology. You have influenced me to seek out philosophy, and love of life.

Of course, Redbeck, for the moderation of the site and for your skill as a member of our community, and who I very well believe to be the first person to speak to me here. Your ruminations and references to so many vague topics, the criss cross between ideas that both flow and stacatto so elegantly, brings me nothing but joy. I owe you much for the gift of your knowledges, and I hope I can pass it on to others, in kind. Such is the oral tradition.

Hope, I *hope* you are well. Your poetic words and constant stream of information has been a constant source of data that quite frankly overloads me at times! But it definitely gives me something to do. How you know as much as you do baffles me.

Oh detective Sherlock, how grand your deductions and how brave your assumptions. I've known you for a small sum of time but believe you to be one of the most fascinating acolytes of esoteric knowledge, and I wish you much the best. Be well and carry on your study and you will be great.

Ben, my friend, Du bist ein grossartiger Kamerad. Ich wuensche dir nur das Beste. Ihr Wissen war fuer meine Entwicklung als Mann von unschaetzbarem Wert und Ihre Freundschaft von unschaetzbarem Wert.

Packajos, I have no idea a word you have said to me but you definitely seem like you know what youre doing. I also think I found your roblox account. I'm pretty sure youre some kind of extra dimensional being so, please spare me, oh Cthulhu.

I'm sorry if I have forgotten anyone, I mean no harm by it, I love all of you and every smallest encounter I have had with you. Yours is truly the kindest and most meaningful garden of thoughts.

A man may drink and not be drunk
A man may fight and not be slain
A man may court a pretty girl
And perhaps be welcomed back again
But since it has so ought to be
By a time to rise and a time to fall
Come fill to me the parting glass
Good night and joy be with you all
Good night and joy be with you all

Re: The Parting Glass

Posted: 06 Sep 2019 02:58
by Nazheek
Oh but how did I forget Red Rose, Glorian, Koguntetsu, and all the rest of you beautiful minds? Thank you all as well for all you have done to water the garden of my mind.

Re: The Parting Glass

Posted: 06 Sep 2019 05:47
by Sh3rl0ck
I dont really know how to start this.

Of course I have known you for not too long as well, but the shock of a long time member so dear close to us all is departing so soon. I cannot describe my utter sadness for your departure, as you have been one of the welcoming members to me, and you introduced such a compelling view on things. Your posts, poems, and knowledgeable insight was so resourceful to me and other members. You are a young fellow so intelligent already, I can only imagine what your amazing mind will benefit others in the coming future.

As I have stated above, I am more than deeply saddened about this, but I am also really excited and happy for your new adventure of life. Although like you have said, the journey of the mystery of life and the universe hasn't ended for you. . .

It has only just begun!

I will miss you terribly dear friend Nazheek, I hope to at least hear from you somewhere down the road.
But now I shall wish you all the best in this new turn of life.

We will all miss you and you will be remembered for sure.

The best of regards to you, and remember this, it's never goodbye, just till next time;)

Sh3rl0ck

Re: The Parting Glass

Posted: 06 Sep 2019 05:50
by Sh3rl0ck
By the way, I have to admit, I chuckled a little to myself when I read the part about packajos. None of us really know what he's saying, but somehow we all appreciate it because in some way its compelling.

Now where has that mysterious fellow been?. . .

--------------------

Posted: 06 Sep 2019 14:46
by BeN1
--------------------

Re: The Parting Glass

Posted: 06 Sep 2019 20:42
by hope
Nazeek, thank you for your sentiments, you do great work on the forum...

Re: The Parting Glass

Posted: 06 Sep 2019 22:32
by O.P.A.L
well we don't speak as much as an individual, this may be the first time, but we all wish you a fair well and we hope that your journey continues even further than you may think it will

As the screen fades to black
the memory can always be brought back
our vows can be seen not heard
as we hope people can understand
the meaning behind life's great plan
after one screen fades
another sure to brighten again
we all hope
and wish
you only the grandest farewell

good luck
O.P.A.L.

Re: The Parting Glass

Posted: 08 Sep 2019 20:50
by Redbeck
My, my Nazheek you have been with us so long you are almost an Oracle forum fixed asset, and such an asset to the cause you have been, your intellectual property is safe with us, Redbeck he says. However, I feel sure that you will remain in touch far more than you think credible, there is so much to do. Might I ask where you are heading? Anyway thank you for a long and illustrious sojourn and I would say with great certainty that this is not a surgical goodbye, more a case of "bis wir uns wieder treffen." My warmest wishes for a bright and fulfilling immediate future brimful of opportunity, nevertheless don't stay away too long for we shall miss your incisive commentary. Redbeck


ImageImage