Poem -Debris and Daisies
Posted: 02 Oct 2019 18:47
Don't move in my head
I haven't tidied up
There’s still some baggage
Remnants of luggage
from my last ---- up
Don’t move in my head
I haven't cleared a space
There's still some trauma
From the last monster
And its tormented face
There's debris in the recess
Where daisies used to grow
And clutter in the section
Called what I used to know
There's debris in the recess
Where daisies used to grow
And files labelled insecurity
They just flow and flow
Don't move in my head
There's barely air to breathe
You can't take a step in there
And I simply cannot leave
Don't move in my head
My heart is not a gauge
It fools and tricks and leads me down
A prisoner in my cage
There's debris in the recess
Where daisies used to grow
And clutter in the section
Called what I used to know
There's debris in the recess
Where daisies used to grow
And files labelled insecurity
They just flow and flow
By Allie Winslade 2014
I haven't tidied up
There’s still some baggage
Remnants of luggage
from my last ---- up
Don’t move in my head
I haven't cleared a space
There's still some trauma
From the last monster
And its tormented face
There's debris in the recess
Where daisies used to grow
And clutter in the section
Called what I used to know
There's debris in the recess
Where daisies used to grow
And files labelled insecurity
They just flow and flow
Don't move in my head
There's barely air to breathe
You can't take a step in there
And I simply cannot leave
Don't move in my head
My heart is not a gauge
It fools and tricks and leads me down
A prisoner in my cage
There's debris in the recess
Where daisies used to grow
And clutter in the section
Called what I used to know
There's debris in the recess
Where daisies used to grow
And files labelled insecurity
They just flow and flow
By Allie Winslade 2014
