Page 1 of 1

Looking for Resources on Hinduism

Posted: 22 Oct 2021 21:40
by Nazheek
Bonum diei et bona dies, fellow lunatiques.

It might come as a surprise for as long as I have been around, but I haven't so far as attempted to scratch the surface of the veritable treasure trove of knowledge that is the Vedas, or any other text associated with the Sanatana Dharma.

So, I am asking for help in compiling somewhat of a reading list. The only oriental philosophy I am familiar with is Taoism after reading the Tao Te Ching, which has, if nothing else, served to make me realize how much of nothing I actually know about.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Re: Looking for Resources on Hinduism

Posted: 22 Oct 2021 21:41
by Nazheek
I would like to say that the Bhagavad-Gita and Rigveda are already at the top of my list

Re: Looking for Resources on Hinduism

Posted: 24 Oct 2021 01:57
by Cheshire
Some pages that can be helpful:

Gayatri
https://973-eht-namuh-973.com/Alchemy/A ... 776%20.htm

The Gayatri Mantra
https://973-eht-namuh-973.com/Alchemy/ADVENT%201170.htm

Krsna Hare Krsna
https://973-eht-namuh-973.com/Alchemy/A ... 773%20.htm

There may be many more but these are the ones I have so far :)

Re: Looking for Resources on Hinduism

Posted: 25 Oct 2021 01:10
by Redbeck
Hello Nazheek,

It is always good to hear from you and Cheshire well done for revealing your obviously in depth research into the site, you have been most industrious.

Kind Regards Redbeck

Resources I have used with reasonable levels of satisfaction:

British Library Discovering Sacred Texts: Hinduism

https://www.bl.uk/teaching-resources/ds ... sm-content

BBC Religious education Bite Size Hindu beliefs

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/guides/z ... revision/1


Image

Musician George Harrison was perhaps the most unusual member of the Beatles in his religious beliefs. The Hare Krishna movement in the UK soon outgrew the 7 storey premises of the Temple near the British Museum in London as their activities expanded, and George then bought a big house in the UK county of Hertfordshire, known today as Bhaktivedanta Manor, and donated it to them.


https://973-eht-namuh-973.com/Alchemy/A ... 773%20.htm