Sailing Away

Click 'The Oracle' title above to enter The Oracle Forum and discuss your quest for answers with kindred spirits. Courtesy costs nothing - if you disagree with someone, disagree politely. Abuse is not tolerated.
Post Reply
Nazheek
Posts: 424
Joined: 30 Nov 2015 18:26
Location: US Southeast
Contact:

Sailing Away

Post by Nazheek »

That's my 19th birthday past on and over. I had very pleasant celebrations. Went to see my favorite dinner show, Medieval Times.

I've been thinking about signing on for the museum ships Niña and Pinta as a living historian/crewman. The thing is a replica of the two originals and they're 100% loyal to a fault sailing ships. I'd love to live along the coast for some time.

Image
Feel free to send me a PM or an email. Expect faster responses by email.
IoBoI
Posts: 213
Joined: 27 Apr 2020 23:56
Contact:

Re: Sailing Away

Post by IoBoI »

This got me kinda hyped
•
User avatar
BeN1
Posts: 675
Joined: 24 Oct 2016 17:14
Contact:

--------------------

Post by BeN1 »

--------------------
Last edited by BeN1 on 22 Jul 2023 11:25, edited 1 time in total.
HADOUKEN!! 🤲🔥
Redbeck
Site Admin
Posts: 2147
Joined: 19 Dec 2010 15:42
Location: The Rookery, 3rd Horse Chestnut along, St Johns, Britain. Teacher leave our nuts alone!
Contact:

Re: Sailing Away

Post by Redbeck »

A belated happy birthday Nazheek, the heady heights of 19, and a powerful argument and laudable crewman's ambition to sail away swinging gently in the hammocks of maritime history. I trust your day of days meant that youu celebrated well. Follow your vision of what's next Nazheek it makes perfect sense to me, but don't forget to write. Warmest wishes Redbeck.

When I was 19 the Woodstock Festival was in full swing in 1969 and hippies were still an emerging force for good. Although the summer of Peace and Love had been and gone two years earlier on the other side of the pond in the Haight-Ashbury district of San Francisco. Meanwhile back in Britain the year before, we occupied the London School of Economics for 3 days in defence of student rights and marched to the US Embassy, then located in London's Grosvenor Square, to protest against the War in Vietnam. I was also a member of the 250 thousand audience at The Rolling Stones free concert in Hyde Park. Yes the year was 1969 and I was 70 years old last time I looked.

Image
User avatar
BeN1
Posts: 675
Joined: 24 Oct 2016 17:14
Contact:

--------------------

Post by BeN1 »

--------------------
Last edited by BeN1 on 22 Jul 2023 11:26, edited 1 time in total.
HADOUKEN!! 🤲🔥
IoBoI
Posts: 213
Joined: 27 Apr 2020 23:56
Contact:

Re: Sailing Away

Post by IoBoI »

hush with that name or controversy will be on its way

Man I wish I could’ve seen Woodstock. All festivals nowadays seem so shallow and lame, almost would rather some desolate bar show in the middle of the smokeys or something
•
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 32 guests