youre not the only voice in your head
cortical homunculus
-
angels.img
- Posts: 47
- Joined: 23 Feb 2020 08:26
- Location: phlegethon
- Contact:
-
Redbeck
- Site Admin
- Posts: 2147
- Joined: 19 Dec 2010 15:42
- Location: The Rookery, 3rd Horse Chestnut along, St Johns, Britain. Teacher leave our nuts alone!
- Contact:
Re: cortical homunculus
Dear angels.img a very interesting subject. Regards Redbeck.
Worthy of note in the context of other voices in your head, should you, god forbid, ever suffer from delerium tremens which is the most severe form of ethanol withdrawal, manifested by altered mental status, then major alcohol withdrawal signs and symptoms include visual hallucinations and more relevant auditory hallucinations.
Almost twenty years ago now I went through this condition as close to pergatory as it gets and have never touched alcohol since. It was a very hard lesson, but of such immense value to any number of lives including my own it defies description. Visually I saw angels (possibly hence my response) wavering between the traditional winged beings as often depicted in religious settings and demonic shifted shapes of hideous deformity brimming with evil intent, always surrounded by dancing flame but moving rapidly like a newsreel run at the wrong speed. Meanwhile all I could hear in my head was the BBC World Service radio pumping out a litany of bad news on war, needless death, pestilence, flood, drought and famine. Redbeck
PS I found this image which I think add's weight to the conversation (and is the safest way to add pictures).

Worthy of note in the context of other voices in your head, should you, god forbid, ever suffer from delerium tremens which is the most severe form of ethanol withdrawal, manifested by altered mental status, then major alcohol withdrawal signs and symptoms include visual hallucinations and more relevant auditory hallucinations.
Almost twenty years ago now I went through this condition as close to pergatory as it gets and have never touched alcohol since. It was a very hard lesson, but of such immense value to any number of lives including my own it defies description. Visually I saw angels (possibly hence my response) wavering between the traditional winged beings as often depicted in religious settings and demonic shifted shapes of hideous deformity brimming with evil intent, always surrounded by dancing flame but moving rapidly like a newsreel run at the wrong speed. Meanwhile all I could hear in my head was the BBC World Service radio pumping out a litany of bad news on war, needless death, pestilence, flood, drought and famine. Redbeck
PS I found this image which I think add's weight to the conversation (and is the safest way to add pictures).

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 20 guests